Wednesday, February 25, 2009

not my day

I am tired today. Very tired. I had a hard time motivating myself to get through the day. When the end finally came and it was time to get the kids I did what any self respecting, exhausted parent, would do. I told them I would take them to a fast food joint.

On Mondays and Wednesdays I am on my own with the kids till 8pm. Kev works late and after work he goes to a Martial Arts studio to study Muay Thai.

I picked up D and asked him where he wanted to go. His first choice was McD's. This was how he tried to persuade me to take him there:

Mom I have to tell you that the hamburgers at McD's are so tasty and they are soooooo good for you. They are Mom! They are so tasty. But that good for you thing. I just made that up.

LOL
Of course I took them there.

8 comments:

  1. Of course you did! Funny little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, hope you have a chance to sit back with a drink and watch Idol or Lost tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. How funny! Tuesdays and Fridays are my "OMG I can't possibly make an actual dinner" nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's rough, the whole husband extracurricular activity thing. My husband kind of wants to do the same thing, only with fencing? But it would be so hard on me and the kids to basically not have him home at all two days a week. (He leaves in the morning before any of us get up, so it is all me in the morning...and then it would be all me in the evening, too, because he wouldn't get home until after the kids were in bed.)

    Maybe when the kids are older. Or, you know, he could be like ME and find something that would only take one hour a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tuesdays and Thursdays my husband is dreadfully late ... I may just make a run to the ole McD's tonight if I cannot sneak a nap :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. my son rambles the proactiv commercial and tells me I should get it b/c of "blah blah blah". LOL. I don't even have acne! ah, kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie! And he's right, not healthy, but yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.