Tuesday, December 1, 2009

37 weeks

37 weeks, how will I get through another 3, potentially 4 weeks of this. I feel ready to explode, I am exhausted, I feel useless and I can barely walk anywhere. I don't know if I have mentioned my Braxton Hicks on here before, but I have been having them for months. I have now moved into a stage where I can barely walk without inducing a contraction. So far they haven't evolved into the real thing but on Saturday I was up and about for 4 hours and the resulting 8 hours of contractions had my hubby and I packing my bags and freaking out just a little bit. They stopped when I went to bed that night, but I totally thought they were the real thing. I went to Walmart at lunch today and while there had 4 contractions. It makes walking around hard to do. Now that I am back at work, sitting at my desk, nothing is happening. It is very distracting, and tiring. I really wish they would either stop or be the real thing already.

My last day of work is Dec 11th but I plan on working from home for all of next week. I may even work from home a day this week. Although I am not terribly comfortable sitting in bed, or at the dining room table with the lap top. Basically I am never comfortable. Doesn't this make you want to run out and get pregnant! Thankfully this is a temporary condition. That is what I keep reminding myself anyhow!

We had some crappy news last week that has caused us to quickly change our plans. Kevin was laid off from his job. He was doing corporate sales for Rogers and if you have been reading the news, they laid off about 900 people last week. If I wasn't going on mat leave things would have been fine. But with the prospect of me going on mat leave pay, and him possibly having no pay, we quickly pulled our boys from daycare. Thankfully our day care was totally understanding and returned our December payments to us. That will make a huge difference in our budgeting. I am sure he will find a job quickly. And it may turn out to be a bit of a blessing. Although not having a job sucks, having a hubby home when a new baby comes ROCKS. He had very little holiday time left in his last job and would have only been able to take 3 days off after the baby was born. If I have this baby early, we could conceivably have weeks together. I will enjoy that immensely. Have to think of the positives right!

17 comments:

  1. What a blow to get just before Christmas! Hoping it will truly be a blessing in disguise.

    Also, your tiny url on Twitter had "pe/e" in it... fitting for a post about being 37 weeks pregnant, don't you think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You'll let me take newborn pics, right? My gift to you.

    (If you want. No pressure. I will not barge into your home, flash blazing, demanding to shoot squishy newborn...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking positively is totally how you get through stuff like this.

    Friends of ours were in a similar position a few months ago. He was laid off from a very time-consuming high-stress job less than a month before her due date. They count their lucky stars it happened. She ended up having a tough labour so he was home to help her for the first few weeks. And a couple months later he ended up getting a job he loves.

    It's hard to believe it at the time, but these things sometimes really do turn out for the best. And I think reacting to things in the most positive way you can is a key part of what makes it turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry he was laid of Chantal. That sucks! We have been there, so I can definitely relate. There are lots of ways to save and cut back, I have become an expert and can share my tips with you :)

    I was exactly like you at the same stage - so many BH contractions every day and every night. I had false labour twice and one time Diane even came to my house in the middle of the night! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry again, Chantal, for the news about your husband's job... what horrible timing. The same thing more or less happened with us when our second baby was born - my husband was laid off from Dell. But it was also a blessing in disguise, as I had him home for many months so we were all home together - it was great in that sense! I hope you have your baby soon... I know how uncomfortable you are feeling.. the last few weeks are the worst! Good luck. And I can't wait to see your baby's pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full term! You're full term! Yay!

    Way to put a positive spin on the layoff. It will be nice to have him around until he can find something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Chantal, I do hope the baby comes soon, if only to ease your mind about the BH.

    So sorry that Hubby was laid off, I pray that he finds work quickly and is only home for just the right amount of time to be with you and the new baby.

    Looking forward to meeting your new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my husband lost his job a few months ago, we panicked. But when he found another, I was glad of the financial gain, but BOY did I miss his help around the house.

    Crossing my fingers for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's lay off. I hope something comes up for him soon. Wishing you an easy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, such terrible timing for such crappy news. Kevin seems like such an upbeat kind of guy though (and a terribly good sport), I'm sure he will find something soon.

    As for the baby...any time now, little dude. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. egads you have a lot going on! Ok YAY that hubby will be there for you. Crap on the job loss. It is so hard to be under that kind of pressure when so close to your due date.

    Not to discourage you ... really ... but I totally thought I was going early this last time and ended up a week late! That last week was so hard!

    Hang in there!!! Sending positive vibes your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly are good at finding the bright side. Sending you good vibes from over here too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you! How lovely it will be to have him home right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've another friend who was laid off from Rogers this past week - what horrible timing. BUT, I love your positive spin on it, having your husband home with you as you enter the craziness that is a mother to three, will be such a wonderful treat.

    And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that baby 3 makes his entrance into this world sooner than later.

    And I just read your comment about the Roots program, and I hope you're able to do it, it's a wonderful program!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking of you, still remembering how hard those last weeks are. Put your feet up as much as you can (easier said than done I know), remember to pamper yourself while you can. That added stress is no fun, but it's lovely that you can find the bright side of things. I hope baby comes quickly and smoothly and all is great for your family by the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG. You are currently in the midst of TWO of life's greatest stressors...how can you sound kind of sane?

    I hope a job comes through and that you find at least one comfortable position today.

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.