Friday, September 10, 2010

back to routine

I actually have some "me" time this morning. D2 is napping, M and D are off at school.

The last few weeks have been quiet for us. Last week D2 decided he wouldn't eat and chose to only nurse ALL.THE.TIME...DAY.AND.NIGHT. By the 4th day of that schedule I was pretty exhausted and snapping at the kids left right and centre. It really made for a wonderful last week of summer.

With all this no sleeping and crabbiness I fell of the Losing It band wagon. I just don't have the energy to diet at the moment. But not all is lost. I am still reading the blog for inspiration and I am making better choices, even if I am not entirely watching what I eat. It has been 3 weeks since I have had a donut, I consider that a victory.

The first week of school is here and both boys headed out (D on Tuesday and M today).


I can't get over that M is in SK . How time flies.

D2 is making progress towards crawling. He is doing the backwards crawl and the bum shuffle so I am sure crawling is next.

He just woke. I think I am going to go for a walk before the bus morning gets here. Have a good day all!

10 comments:

  1. I hope your boys had a great first day at school! Time sure flies, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it'll be nice to have the mornings to just you and d2. have you figured out what you want to do with the time? hopefully relax is somewhere in the list of things i'm sure you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it'll be nice to have the mornings to just you and d2. have you figured out what you want to do with the time? hopefully relax is somewhere in the list of things i'm sure you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a dose of normalcy that I detect? You deserve to just mellow and regain your equilibrium. Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm thinking about donuts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crawling! Seems like I was just reading your 'birth story' post.

    I am completely nervous about dieting while nursing. I'm terrified it will affect supply. What are your views on that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that last comment the one you mentioned on Twitter? Definitely a glowing review! Love it!

    Thanks for your comment re the passion fruit... But first, you lived in Brazil?? That's awesome! I google that acerola fruit to see pictures, but I'm not sure I've seen it. That being said, I've only been to the grocery store twice WITH ALL THREE BOYS so my attention was rather divided between the food and whatever they might have been grabbing/dropping/opening/breaking. I'll definitely look for it next time though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time flies for sure. Your new one already crawling. My god! Got to love fall though and all of these fresh starts. Hope the boys are loving this year.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful smiles boys...good luck with your new school year!

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.