Friday, December 24, 2010

His day

Its his day. One year ago today I was snuggled in bed with my 18-hour old baby boy. Today he is one. This year has flow by in a blink. I tried to savour today. It was a quiet low key day. His party isn't until Sunday. We spend the day playing, snuggling, even napping together. But all of a sudden the day is done. Its bed time and I am overcome with emotion. Its going too fast, he is growing up. Each day, I love watching him grow, but I also feel melancholy for the loss of my baby, my boy.

D2, you are my last baby. I love your smiles and your determination. The way you grunt to us and we know exactly what you want. How you recline in my arms when you are ready to nurse. I want our baby days to continue. Don't be in a rush to grow up my little boy, and I won't rush you. I promise.

6 comments:

  1. *Sniff*

    Oh, babies shouldn't grow up.

    You know what I mean.

    Merriest of Merry Christmases, Chantal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend, hugs to you and to him, a few days late, but still full of happiness for both of you.

    I'm thinking of you!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! My baby turned 10 this year. Double digits! Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has a smile that lights up a room! Happy b-day, D2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can`t believe a whole year has passed us by, I remember going to snuggle him when he was days old.... I can`t wait to see how he grows up - such amazing things to come this year for him and you. Happy (belated) birthday wishes, Des! And, don`t fret too much - you still have years left of cuddles and sweet moments with your baby boy.

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.