Thursday, February 3, 2011

where the heck have I been

Sick that's where. Between all three kids and me each having a chest cold one after the other, because all of us being sick at the same time would be too easy, and a case of mastitis, its been two weeks of fun.

Thankfully today we are all where we should be, and so far we all feel healthy, coughing but healthy! I'm hoping that's the end of us being sick for a little while.

Two weeks ago Kevin was rear ended on his way home from work and our Ford Focus was written off by insurance. We get our "new" car tomorrow. Another Ford Focus, this time a wagon. I am actually looking forward to getting this car. The trunk is huge, way bigger than our van, which will make it a good car for early morning hockey games :).

In the fall D had decided he wanted to quit hockey and we have enjoyed a blissful winter of weekend relaxation. He has informed us that he misses hockey, that he wants to play in the NHL when he grows up (umm ya) and that he wants to play again, starting this spring. So back to hockey we go. Add to that M who also wants to start hockey in the fall. So much for relaxing weekends. Thankfully we have a few years before D2 starts hockey :)

I registered the boys for spring sports yesterday, D in baseball and M in soccer. M was happy but nervous when I told him I was registering him. To make him happier I volunteered Kevin (yes Kevin, not me!) to be assistant coach of the team. Just the act of registering makes me happy. I means spring is just around the corner... right!?!?!?! I know it is only Feb 3rd but I am ready to be done with winter. Bring on the cloudy rainy days of spring. Just no more cold and snow please!

How are all of you? It has been a long time since I have connected.

5 comments:

  1. That sucks that you have all been so sick. I hope that is it for you for the winter. And no summer colds for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you've had such a rotten go! But you did right, you just took care of you and everybody else. I hope you are all well now for weeks and weeks.

    And thank you for the reminder!!! I must register Carter for soccer.

    Thinking of you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back to the world of the not sick.

    the focus harch is awesome. it fits our giant 100lbs dog comfortably. hence we need a giant black box on the roof for our stuff. but still, lots of room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to staying WELL and getting back into writing. May the year of the Rabbit be good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sympathetically feeling sick right here and now, having read this. Wow. Exhaustion! You sound perky, overall, though: must be that hint of spring.

    ReplyDelete

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.